K-Tec

Sky at Night - March 2008 - Filming (and eclipse report)

• DaveGrennan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
16 years 6 months ago #64432 by DaveGrennan
Hi Guys,

Sorry it's taken so long to get this up. An article on the trip to Selsey for the Sky at Night filming shoot is now available here;

webtreatz.com/content/view/61/1/

Carl and myself had a wonderful time (its all in the article and photos). There were several interviews done with Carl and myself but I'm not sure what will or will not be shown. There are two episodes being shown. The first is at 00:05 on Monday morning (from Sunday Night) on BBC1 and there is then an hour special on BBC4 at 8pm on Monday evening. My bet is that if they use any of the footage of the two stooges it will be in the hour slot on BBC4.

I also learned today that the 'Sunday Tribune' are doing a piece on our trip in this Sunday's paper.

Anyway as you will see in the article it was utterly memorable (look out for the link to Jamie Coopers webiste in the article and the footage of Jon Culshaws impressions of George Bush and Sir Patrick.

Finally Sir Patrick specifically asked us to pass on his best wishes to all of his friends in Ireland. He is keeping reasonably well. He is now totally confined to his wheelchair but he's still sharp as a pin and his eyesight is perfect. Long may he continue.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #64438 by Mike
Fantastic Dave and Carl

You’ve done us proud indeed. Great photos and great report Dave and of course I would like to wish Patrick the very best of health and his continued contribution to astronomy which spans all countries and races and brings joy and wonder to many.
Looking forward to the upcoming monthly AI lecture where you can tell us all about it in great detail!

Clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

More
16 years 6 months ago #64439 by pj30something
Well done lads. Great report and pics.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 6 months ago #64461 by johnomahony
Well done lads. Great story and photos. Look forward to seeing you on the BBC S@N.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
16 years 6 months ago #64477 by Frank Ryan
Ye were lucky with the weather!!
I was wonderin how ye got on on the night as it was
cloudy here (except in Kerry!)
Nice report.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
16 years 6 months ago #64480 by ayiomamitis
My congrats to Dave and Carl ... and the webpage which documents the event is great.

Good stuff, gents!

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds