K-Tec

Telescope-Service retailer

• paulevans
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #65185 by paulevans
Replied by paulevans on topic Re: Telescope-Service retailer
Yep, bought my little grab and go Mak from them for not very much money - paid by paypal, took 2 days to come I think - very well packed, came with extras I wasn't expecting - exceeded expectations!

I'm very satisfied.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #65186 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Telescope-Service retailer
That's where I buy 99% of my stuff.
Very good. Great selectron of stuff.
They offer products from a wide range of products from a broad spectrum of manufacturers so if you ask them for advice, they won't just push a particular brand at you.

More
16 years 6 months ago #65187 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re: Telescope-Service retailer
Top class service. Their shipping costs are also much better than BC&F. Just ordered a Baader IR/UV blocking filter for the webcam from them.

A good story. I ordered a revelation 2" diagonal from BC&F with an SCT screw fit. After using it a while I realised that a push fit would be better with the equatorial mount. I asked BC&F if the adaptor could be changed (screws off) and a push fit put on. The answer I got back was no. I was looking at a new diagonal :cry: I contacted Patrick at T-S and he immediately sent me a push fit adapter and 2" SCT adapter (only about €30) so now I can use it as a 2" sct or push fit. :)

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

• JohnONeill
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
16 years 6 months ago #65189 by JohnONeill
Replied by JohnONeill on topic Buying in Euro Zone
Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. Would seem an alternative to USA (I started with Pocono, remember what happened to them!). It appears the Euro zone is coming of age. Most of my bits and pieces came from USA, Canada (Kendrick) or GB (generally the most expensive of the three). Although I did get my webcam from Portugal!

John

More
16 years 6 months ago #65199 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Telescope-Service retailer
John

Having recently purchased a focuser from TS, and the trouble, I thought, I was having with it, Patrick was more than helpful. The service is great, the delivery time first rate, and cheap, always the first stop when it comes to new equipment.

Buy with confidence.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
16 years 6 months ago #65215 by william coghlan
Replied by william coghlan on topic Re: Telescope-Service retailer
I've recently used Astromart.com and it is worth a look. However to Buy/Sell in the classifieds does require a joining fee of $12. Take a peek and see what you think

Meade LX90 12" LNT
Orion Optics 12" f4 Dobsonian
EPs: currently in transition state
Health: CAF (Chronic Aperture Fever). No known cure. Known to cause Dobs to expand into Obsession.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds