K-Tec

Grub screws

More
16 years 4 months ago #68253 by Mandi
Grub screws was created by Mandi
Hello
Just joined because I have started to "Build a Model Solar System" and was encountering problems and this was the only site I could find where people were posting and discussing it. I too had the Mercury arm problem with the grub screw which I overcame but then encountered the Venus gear arm grub screw issue. Mine got well and truly stuck! I contacted Eaglemoss by e mail and a lady called Jennifer e mailed back the same day to say they would send me issues 3 & 4 again. Hope this customer service continues for the entire 52 issues!! Has anybody found a failsafe way of getting these grub screws all the way in without using the allen keys?
Mandi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #68258 by jmcc5
Replied by jmcc5 on topic Re: Grub screws
You can get smaller allen keys then the ones provided. The problem I had with the Mercury arm was that the keys that came with the mag were too but my Dad had a smaller set and got the screw out no problem.

The trick is not to force the screw and if you feel it getting stuck take it out and start again. Also make sure the screw goes in straight and not at an angle.

Hope this helps. Happy building :D

Joanna
Cork Astronomy Club

More
16 years 4 months ago #68269 by Mandi
Replied by Mandi on topic Re: Grub screws
That's great. Thanks for the advise. I think it might be worth getting the smaller allen keys to save future frustration! Mandi :D

More
16 years 4 months ago #68285 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Grub screws
I use a really really small + head screw driver for the grub screws. Most of them go in fine but a couple (the one on the Mercury arm), i really had to use brute force to get it to grip the planet.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds