K-Tec

Out of mothballs

• Macros42
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 11 months ago #73586 by Macros42
Out of mothballs was created by Macros42
Hello there guys. It's been too long. My scopes have been sitting gathering dust for a while now - I've just been too busy and the weather to crap for me to get them out.

But now with the long nights coming and our traditional clear late autumn looming it's time for me to get back to basics with at least one of my scopes. I'll blame Dave's discovery for giving me the inspiration to get back into this hobby :)

First thing for my reflector is to collimate it again - my twins discovered it and removed 2 of the holding screws for the secondary mirror - Lucky they they didn't get the third or I was buying a new mirror : blink: But the Meade refractor should still be ok.

So I'll be looking out for club get togethers on the Curragh or anywhere else to ease myself back into the freezing cold, cloud induced frustration, loss of night sight due to traffic etc., and general fun :laugh:

Steve

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #73618 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:Out of mothballs
Steve - great to see you back on the boards! Sure, the summer has been a washout but we've had one or two decent nights recently which have been put to good use... ;)

Since KAS's untimely demise, your best bet is TAS, its not too far and if you need a lift on club nights and I'm going too, I can pick you up.

Cheers
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds