• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
18 years 4 months ago #28614 by albertw
Topic notifications was created by albertw
Hi,

Some people have asked me recently about how to turn off the email you get when a new topic is started.

You can turn it off (or on!) at www.irishastronomy.org/community/userCP/index.php

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #28621 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Topic notifications
I'd like to point out that this is clearly stated in each email that is sent out.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 4 months ago #28693 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Topic notifications
Going in the other direction... is there a setting so that you can receive ALL emails to the list rather than just the topic notifications? I'm still on dial-up and like to get all my mail in one download rather than have to go back on-line to follow up on an interesting topic. As it is, I don't follow up or contribute to the discussions because of this.

Just a thought,

Philip.

More
18 years 4 months ago #28697 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Topic notifications

Going in the other direction... is there a setting so that you can receive ALL emails to the list rather than just the topic notifications? I'm still on dial-up and like to get all my mail in one download rather than have to go back on-line to follow up on an interesting topic. As it is, I don't follow up or contribute to the discussions because of this.

Just a thought,

Philip.

We don't have that feature at the moment and I can't promise we'll have it in the future.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
18 years 4 months ago #28704 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Topic notifications
I think this was discussed somewhere elase here as a possible solution to your problem Philip.

RSS

You need to download an application usually called an RSS viewer for this. I use RSSOwl www.rssowl.org/ on windows.

You then need to subscribe to the IFAS RSS feed, which is www.irishastronomy.org/boards/rss.php

When you start the application this will download all the new posts which you can then read offline.

While this isnt an email interface it may satisfy your requirement for an offline reader.

I dont think its possible to post directly through this application, however a link to the topic is provided for you to give a reply when you are next online.

I dont actually use RSS to view this site, but this shoudl work in theory :-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds