K-Tec

Have you done a correspondence/internet course in astronomy?

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #33543 by Maddad
ocw.mit.edu/index.html

MIT has an interesting deal online. It's free, but you do not get credit. This will not help Mordaunt, but I am going to use it as preparation for credit classes later. I want both Special and then General Relativity, and MIT offers both of these. I live in driving distance from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA where there are a couple of universities that concentrate on the physics of astronomy. If I can handle this MIT course ware, then I will be confident of performing well at another institution. If not, then I will not have lost anything but my time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #33546 by dmcdona
That's a pretty extensive list of classes MIT are pumpingout. And all for free. Shame there's not something similar here. Either that or we'll have to start using color, sidewalk and fawcette... :wink:

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #33547 by Maddad
Pretty impressive, yes. I roughly counted courses available by screenfulls at 1,900, but their website says 1,400. Either way it's more than I'll probably need in the next couple of years.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #33564 by Mordaunt
Replied by Mordaunt on topic Open University Courses
I'm actually doing an MSc with the OU myself (I've just finished MST121 - Using Mathematics). I can certainly attest to the quality of their teaching materials – they even worked on me!

Thanks to everyone who has replied,

Emmet.

Emmet Mordaunt

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #33566 by dmcdona
Good luck with the article Emmet

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds