• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 9 months ago #38501 by dmcdona
Hello all,

Happy New Year to everyone!

Most of you will remember Prof John Brown, the Astronomer Royal for Scotland, and his wife Margaret, who were on the IFAS eclipse trip to Antalya.

John will be giving a lecture to the Irish Astronomical Association in Belfast on Wednesday evening 10 Jan, and is staying on until Friday for a bit of sightseeing. He said that it would be great to meet up with any of the ones on the Turkey trip for a chat on Thursday evening in Belfast.

John has also, at my request, been making enquiries with his astronomical contacts at Novosibirsk University regarding a possible trip there to see the next total eclipse on 1/8/2008, and will have some up-to-date information to tell us. It would be a useful opportunity to discuss the options, if you are interested.

We have provisionally arranged to meet in the bar area, near reception, of the Wellington Park Hotel, 21 Malone Road, at 8 p.m. on Thursday 11 January. If there is any change to those arrangements I will let you know by email no later than late on Wednesday evening, but I hope to be able to confirm details by late on Tuesday evening.

Please could you let me know by return if you are likely to go to that meeting, so we can estimate numbers.

And please pass this on to anyone else you know who might be interested in any such trip.

Many thanks,

Terry Moseley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds