K-Tec

Cosmos 2007 - thanks for coming, and good night! :-)

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #42596 by Seanie_Morris
Well, I think TAS pulled it off and we all had a pretty good weekend of it! There was even observing Friday AND Saturday nights! It was a really nice, relaxing weekend, even Ken Doyle said he couldn't keep down with the pace!

I think a worthy mention goes out to those of you who made the trip, because, if you didn't, things like this would just not be worth putting on.

Also, a big shout to the kind people who sponsored or contributed, outside of the club, in some way:

Sennheiser, for a terrific pair of headphones.
Noel Gorby of Iveragh Mosaics, for the really nice piece of slate sky art (showing the sky at 04:30 hours on Sunday morning).
Tullamore Dew & Heritage Centre for their part-sponsored Tullamore Dew Whiskey presentation boxes.
Linda Deverell and her staff at Annaharvey for meeting all our needs, even the whimsical ones.

Also to Mike O'Connell for donating the Golden Disc vouchers and the Gemini Programme DVD set, Darren Dempsey and Denise & Roger Matthes for the bottles of wine (I know I'm leaving out someone else, there were 10 bottles given away!).

The speakers' talks were fantastic, and on a level EVERYONE could relate to in some way, they provided some good debates and Q&A's, and we really appreciate their involvement.

We (TAS) had a great time, hope you did too. As Mike said in another thread, please share your experiences of the weekend so that we can rest assured you did have a good time! Put your photos up here too, if you wish. I personally would like a copy of any photos anyone has (PM me contact details).

Cosmos 2008 has provisionally been booked for the weekend of April 4th to 6th at Annaharvey.

Clear Skies, and thanks for coming!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
17 years 7 months ago #42601 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic post
I had a fantastic weekend at COSMOS, great speakers, wonderful conversations, exceptional food and hospitality.

Many thanks to TAS for such a well organised event, to Linda for the food, lovely wine, and the high standard of service afforded to guests and visitors to the very peaceful Annaharvey Farm in Tullamore.

I look forward to next year.

Deirdre Kelleghan
Irish Astronomical Society
www.irishastrosoc.org

More
17 years 7 months ago #42602 by Matthew C
I'm envious! :mrgreen: I couldnt go :cry: The auld leaving cert mocks and the like! Nice work guys from the sound of it and ill defo see ye all next year! :D

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

More
17 years 7 months ago #42657 by dmcdona
Sounds like all went well. Congrats to TAS for another great event. and sorry I missed it.

When I get back, I'll find out all the juicy stuff that *really* went on...

Dave

• DeirdreKelleghan
More
17 years 7 months ago #42809 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic post

Pat and Tony at the Cosmic Dinner

Tony's Chinese Money

Deirdre Kelleghan

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds