• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 5 months ago #46129 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: DOWN TIME - May 19th

Bart,
Just noticed that if you click on the link you get with the new topic notification, you get the 404 not found blank page. Not a problem if you know to edit the link from .org to .net though. It works fine then.

Cheers for that, fixed now.

Bart.

Its a more general problem, any topic links etc. that point to irishastronomy.org no longer work. ie any links from other sites to bits of the IFAS boards no longer work. Neither do my bookmarks.

Where did this .net business come from anyway? And why are we apparently using it as the main domain rather than the .org which we've spent years building up and promoting?

Because one domain can't be in two places at once!

This is a temporary step to get us moved without any full down-time. I need to clean up a few things on the old account before I delete it, then I can transfer the .org to this server and swap everything back to the way it was. Had I not used the .net as a stop gap we'd have NOTHING for a few days. I think this is a much better option :)

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #46132 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: DOWN TIME - May 19th

Because one domain can't be in two places at once!

This is a temporary step to get us moved without any full down-time. I need to clean up a few things on the old account before I delete it, then I can transfer the .org to this server and swap everything back to the way it was. Had I not used the .net as a stop gap we'd have NOTHING for a few days. I think this is a much better option :)

Bart.

Cool so! Keep up the good work!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 5 months ago #46243 by albertw
Any update on when .org will be back?

Had a couple of queries from people today who only read the boards when they get topic notification emails and they are just getting 404's when they click on the links in the emails.

Albert White MSc FRAS
www.darksky.ie/

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 5 months ago #46248 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: DOWN TIME - May 19th

Any update on when .org will be back?

Had a couple of queries from people today who only read the boards when they get topic notification emails and they are just getting 404's when they click on the links in the emails.

New notifications are all correct, it's only old ones that are out. Same for reply notifications.

I got snowed under this evening so no progress today. I should get the DB moved over tomorrow ... that will result in another 10 mins or so of down time but then we're nearly ready to move the .org over to this server and swap the domains round again.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 5 months ago #46250 by albertw
Ah cool so. Might have been mails over the weekend that people were asking about.

Thanks

Albert White MSc FRAS
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 5 months ago #46318 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: DOWN TIME - May 19th
Just catching up with a few things now. Thanks for the work Bart. I'll probably get a debriefing in one of the the private forums. ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds