RAS National Astronomy Meeting 2008

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 8 months ago #63663 by michaeloconnell
RAS National Astronomy Meeting 2008 was created by michaeloconnell
The RAS National Astronomy Meeting 2008 will be held at Queen's University Belfast between 31st March and 4th April. This will be a professional astronomy meeting, with more than 400 astronomers predicted to be discussing and presenting their latest research. There will be both Public Lectures and Scientific Sessions.
Public Lectures
This page outlines the public lectures that are programmed. www.nam2008.qub.ac.uk/public.shtml
These lectures are free of charge. If you are interested, please contact: nam2008@qub.ac.uk or ring 048 9097 3541 if calling from the republic or 028 9097 3541 if calling from within the north to book your seat.
Scientific Sessions
These sessions are aimed at professional astronomers and are will run from Tuesday 1st April- Friday 4th April during normal working hours. They are not open to the general public. However, the NAM2008 Local Organising Committee has contacted IFAS and kindly offered places for a small number of Irish amateur astronomers to attend these scientific sessions, at a reduced cost from professional astronomers (whose fees range from £41 to £130).
The list of scientific sessions are here: www.nam2008.qub.ac.uk/parallels_master.shtml
If you are interested in attending the scientific sessions, please contact me directly by pm and let me know which day(s) you would like to attend. I will need this information by end of WEDNESDAY 5TH MARCH. I will then pass this information on to the NAM2008 Local Organising Committee.

Regards & Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #63679 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: RAS National Astronomy Meeting 2008
Michael - do you know what the "reduced rate" will be for amatuers to attend the non-public lectures?

Put me down for the scientific sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday 1st and 2nd April.

Cheers
Dave

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 7 months ago #64427 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: RAS National Astronomy Meeting 2008
Final reminder.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds