K-Tec

SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September

More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #73015 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September
Sounds like a great night lads.

Calibos wrote:
I was trying to make my mind up about a mallincam or a BIPH image intensifying eyepiece/Goggles. Looks like the BIPH would be dual use. Just fit a head strap to it.

www.telescopereviews.com/item.php?item_id=1834

Kidding of course. Not in the market for one of these unless I won the lottery. :laugh:

Going off on a tangent of for a sec, if anyone has one and can bring it to the WSP, they are more then welcome to try it on the obsessionator. :woohoo:
gosh if only :ohmy:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 16 years 1 month ago by dave_lillis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #73024 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re:SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September
Sounds like a good night was had. I had a go on saturday night for an hour or two in the back garden. Moon spoiled any attempt to see deep sky....and was too low on the horizon when it did rise for the dob. used the 70mm refractor instead to round off the evening...strangly I had a lot of high cloud and humitity in the midlands and my viewfinder kept fogging? : angry:

declan

More
16 years 1 month ago #73026 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September
Mike,
thanks for giving me the ring as you left the meeting point. I stayed behind in a place called Ballinamill, where the nearest town with lights is 4 miles away. I had a free dinner to sweeten the deal. But the view was nice. The only thing I was missing myself from my little observing site was the 400D - there was a nice shot of the Gibbous Moon rising above the trees level with the Pleiades...

Damn...

:blush:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 1 month ago #73047 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re:SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September
Dave_Lillis wrote:

Sounds like a great night lads.

Calibos wrote:
I was trying to make my mind up about a mallincam or a BIPH image intensifying eyepiece/Goggles. Looks like the BIPH would be dual use. Just fit a head strap to it.

www.telescopereviews.com/item.php?item_id=1834

Kidding of course. Not in the market for one of these unless I won the lottery. :laugh:

Going off on a tangent of for a sec, if anyone has one and can bring it to the WSP, they are more then welcome to try it on the obsessionator. :woohoo:
gosh if only :ohmy:

Well if I had a few spare grand in my pocket and a permit from the Department of Homeland Security to export from the states what is in effect a Gen III Military Grade NightVision system....:P

Maybe if we club together the cash and get an American Citizen to bring one back the next time he is over stateside......Frank...Frank....Come'ere dude!! :laugh:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
16 years 1 month ago #73050 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September
Nice report Keith, you really know how to rub a guy's face in it.

And that Murphy fella is so unreliable, he did that deliberately on you.;)

By the way, watch the film Black Sheep and you'll never look at these cute animals in the same light, and you'll never turn your back on one.:)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
16 years 1 month ago #73059 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re:SDAS Observing on Saturday 20th September
Its usually me that that kind of unfortunate alignment of prior engagements and starry nights happens to. I'm just glad it was someone else for a change!:P Unfortunate for you though:laugh:

I jest of course and feel your pain.

Saturdays group session reminded me though that even on nights like Saturday where a few things went wrong with my gear and the moon was up so there wasn't much to see, well even when a night could be considered mediocre from an observing point of view, it still beats 99% of nights with arguable better observing but where you are all on your lonesome.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds