K-Tec

CORK ASTRONOMY CLUB - ASTRONOMY BY THE LEE

More
16 years 2 days ago #73954 by Valerie
3rd Annual ASTRONOMY BY THE LEE at Blackrock Castle Observatory

Friday 7th November
7.30pm Tom Bonner, CAC - A short presentation on the possibilities of life elsewhere in the Universe. Then, weather permitting, a chance to do some observing. There will be a short guide on what to look for and an opportunity to use a telescope. (This evening is mainly for beginners)

Saturday 8th November
10.30am Official opening

10.45 Tony O'Hanlon, SAC - 'Living in the Local Bubble'

12.00 John Flannery, SDAS - 'Worlds that Never Were'

13.00 - Lunch

14.30 - Trevor O'Donoghue, KAS - 'Transient Lunar Phenomena'

15.45 - Seanie Morris, TAS - 'Astronomy for the Apprehensive'

17.00 - 17.15 - Close of Event

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74352 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:CORK ASTRONOMY CLUB - ASTRONOMY BY THE LEE
I am really looking forward to this event. I hope there will be clear skies tomorrow night as I am going to make the trip down. Got the bino's ready to go!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74414 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:CORK ASTRONOMY CLUB - ASTRONOMY BY THE LEE
Well done to CAC and the BCO for a great astronomical event by the Lee! I was amazed myself that on the Friday night so many people turned up despite the weather (extra chairs had to be brought in to the auditorium). Imagine how much better it woul have been if the weather played ball (off the scale I'd say).

Saturday was a great day. You've got an event there worth becoming like the GAC's own one-day event (Connaught Star Party). The Castle with its exhibits is WELL WORTH A VISIT for those to you who have not been there.

Thank you for the hospitality CAC, and I can't wait to see the pictures - you know the ones I mean! ;)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74435 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic Thanks from CORK ASTRONOMY CLUB
Thanks to the four guest speakers, Tony, John, Trevor and Seanie for making the event such a success and to our own Tom Bonner for all the work he put into organising yet another great 'Astronomy by the Lee'.

Seanie - See the caption with the photo of the four of you on the Cork AC website - the 'fruitful day' reference is apt considering the 'fruit basket' you used to demonstrate scale! :laugh:

Valerie
www.corkastronomyclub.com

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds