Tullamore AS: Next Meeting - Tues Nov 4th - Asteroid Hunting

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 11 months ago #74186 by Seanie_Morris
Hi all,

The next TAS public lecture takes place in the Presbyterian Church, High Street, Tullamore, as follows:

Date & Time: Tuesday November 4th @ 8pm
Speaker/Topic: Dave MacDonald, TAS
Title: Celtic Rock - Hunting for Asteroids
Admission:€2.00 per person, all welcome to attend.

TAS will also look at what is ahead for Noevmber and give plans about future observing sessions this Winter.

More info can be got from www.tullamoreastronomy.com

Clear Skies!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74328 by jhoare
Dave gave a great talk as usual.

Both Daves have demonstrated what can be done with the right equipment, a lot of dedication and and the right support from an astronomy-friendly spouse and knowledgeable friends. So if you're the kind of amateur astronomer who longs to take on a technical challenge that requires patience and dedication and develops skills pay attention to these guys and go to their talks!

And my road home to Kildare was shortened by some great retro music on Midland 103.5 FM, Bat Out of Hell was just finishing as the car rolled into the driveway - thanks Seanie! B)

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 11 months ago #74332 by Seanie_Morris
jhoare wrote:

And my road home to Kildare was shortened by some great retro music on Midland 103.5 FM, Bat Out of Hell was just finishing as the car rolled into the driveway - thanks Seanie! B)

You're welcome John, thanks for tuning in!

"Thank you" to Dave Mac for his excellent talk last night. I didn't think it would be so easy to hunt for asteroids like that. Something I'll probably give a go someday...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74348 by Paul FitzGerald
Yep. A great talk.
Dave gave a great insight into the workings of the asteroid belts et al.

And it was a real privilege to be part of the group that was first to be given the talk also.

Thanks Dave.

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74351 by Conn Buckley
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with paul. A great talk with terrific graphics illustrating the asteroid belts. It was well worth travelling and being present with the first group to hear this excellent presentation.
Well done and many thanks to Dave and indeed TAS.

Conn Buckley.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74353 by michaeloconnell
Thanks to everyone who made the trip to hear Dave's talk, especially those who travelled from afar. Many thanks also to Dave for an excellent talk.

Michael.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds