K-Tec

Time to Celebrate A Night out for Astronomers

• carlobeirnes
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
More
15 years 11 months ago #74350 by carlobeirnes
Replied by carlobeirnes on topic Re:Time to Celebrate A Night out for Astronomers
lunartic wrote:

Sounds good Carl, have you had many takers?

Hi Paul.

I got a good few PM'S so far. There will be quite a few people there. I,ll see you there OOO ya I was told you were buying the first round for everyone.fguihen told me that.;) ;)

Carl O’Beirnes,
Scopes and Space Ltd,
Unit A8 Airside Enterprise Centre,
Swords, Co Dublin,
Ireland.
www.scopesandspace.ie/
www.facebook.com/scopesandspace
twitter.com/ScopesandSpace
www.youtube.com/user/ScopesandSpace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74363 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:Time to Celebrate A Night out for Astronomers
Bummer - an elderly relly-in-law has just croaked (damned inconvenient of her!) and I have to go to the removal on Saturday evening - not sure what time I'll get away. Fingers crossed you'll still be boozing when I roll in!

Phil.

More
15 years 11 months ago #74366 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Time to Celebrate A Night out for Astronomers
Carl wrote:

I got a good few PM'S so far. There will be quite a few people there. I,ll see you there OOO ya I was told you were buying the first round for everyone.fguihen told me that.

Would you like your tap water in a pint glass with ice?

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
15 years 11 months ago #74404 by fguihen
Just in the door, terrific night lads!
Great to put faces to the names. Craic agus banter was also brilliant. Should make the event an annual thing, unless of course, Dave G/Dave MC have this asteroid discovery down, in which case we'l be at such events every other week!

Slainte lads!

More
15 years 11 months ago #74419 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Time to Celebrate A Night out for Astronomers
Just like to echo what Fintan said. A great night, lots of laughs and meeting a couple of Irish astronomical legends, they know who they are;) .

Hope there are more planned in the future.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• carlobeirnes
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 11 months ago #74422 by carlobeirnes
Replied by carlobeirnes on topic Re:Time to Celebrate A Night out for Astronomers
I would like to thank everyone for coming along last night I had a great time with you all.Again well done to the to lads. Now where is the alka seltzer.

Carl

Carl O’Beirnes,
Scopes and Space Ltd,
Unit A8 Airside Enterprise Centre,
Swords, Co Dublin,
Ireland.
www.scopesandspace.ie/
www.facebook.com/scopesandspace
twitter.com/ScopesandSpace
www.youtube.com/user/ScopesandSpace

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds