K-Tec

Some Sad News

More
15 years 10 months ago #74767 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re:Some Sad News
On behalf of everyone in the SDAS, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time Carl.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

John (Flannery)
SDAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #74769 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re:Some Sad News
Sorry to hear the sad news Carl. My sympathies to you and your family at this difficult time.

John

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
15 years 10 months ago #74770 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:Some Sad News
Carl,

Please accept my sincerest condolences as well. I lost my father as well a few years ago and I fully appreciate your grief and sense of loss.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
15 years 10 months ago #74776 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:Some Sad News
Carl,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathy. Mums and Dads are the foundation of our lives and have always been there for us. I hope over the coming days and weeks you can get together with all the family to support each other and to remember the good times. Stories are the pictures that live on in our hearts; renew and keep the memory alive.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Phil.

• carlobeirnes
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
More
15 years 10 months ago #75087 by carlobeirnes
Replied by carlobeirnes on topic Re:Some Sad News
Hi All,

Well the last two weeks have been the worst days of my life. My family and I lost our best friend our Dad. It is very hard to put into words how I feel at the moment, I'm just going day by day. Just looking down at my two kids and seeing the way they smile back at me just makes things a lot easer. My dad was one of the old school dads if there was anything wrong with him he would never tell anyone and just got on with it. I found out a couple of years ago he had prostate cancer but that it was very treatable, well that is what he told us. not until the day he died did anyone know how bad things were. The doctors told him sometime ago that his cancer was terminal and it was just a matter of time as there was nothing they could do. He just kept it all that to himself for god knows how long, can you imagine what he was going through all that time? everytime we visited with the kids we always got big smiles and had a great time with him that was the sort of man he is and was, till the very end he told us he loved us all and just fell asleep.

I would like to say a big thanks to all my friends for helping us through this hard time...

To Dave Grennan and his wife Carol ,Gary Clarke and wife Siobhan to Ray and Trish for being my rock I will never forget all you did for me and my family.
To everyone at Astronomy Ireland staff and members for all the well wishes .
To everyone from IFAS thank you for your kind words it meant a lot
To Martin & Paul and all the lads and Ladies from Astronomy, Photography,Weather.

And last but not least my wife Joan & all my Brothers and Sisters, its times like this you realise how important family is.

Carl.

Carl O’Beirnes,
Scopes and Space Ltd,
Unit A8 Airside Enterprise Centre,
Swords, Co Dublin,
Ireland.
www.scopesandspace.ie/
www.facebook.com/scopesandspace
twitter.com/ScopesandSpace
www.youtube.com/user/ScopesandSpace

More
15 years 10 months ago #75095 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re:Some Sad News
Hi Carl,

It's great to have friends that rally and help out at times like this. My dad also had prostate cancer (diagnosed at the end of April) and had the op in July which was a difficult period but he has come through fine.

I must ad that during the month of November I was collecting money for the Movember charity which specifically supports prostate cancer research and treatment. It entailed growing a moustache (hence, the Movember moniker) during the month -- I'll try and post up a pic of how it looked at the end of last month!!! A rare treat for the astronomical community :unsure:

All the best and talk to you soon,

John

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds