A really big thanks to IFAS

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #75301 by voyager
A really big thanks to IFAS was created by voyager
I was absolutely blown away this evening when Michael O'Connell showed up at an Astro2 talk I was giving to surprise me with a wonderful gift from IFAS as a thanks for my work on this very site. I'm not usually the kind of person to be lost for words, but I genuinely was.

I'm really touched and just want to say a really big thankyou ... like I said ... I'm really very touched and rather lost for words.

For those who want pickies:
www.bartbusschots.ie/blog/wp-content/upl...ifaspresentation.jpg

and

www.bartbusschots.ie/blog/wp-content/upl...2008/12/dsc-7156.jpg

(can't seem to get image tags working for some reason)

If you're wondering where I've been of-late, I've had my head down and have been working on my thesis, with any luck I'll have it submitted early in the new year at which point I'll get back to having a life!

Thanks again!

Bart.

P.S.
If you're interested in the slides from the talk I was giving (about the Christmas Star), you can get those here: www.bartbusschots.ie/blog/?p=1199

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by voyager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #75303 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re:A really big thanks to IFAS
voyager wrote:

I was absolutely blown away this evening when Michael O'Connell showed up at an Astro2 talk I was giving to surprise me with a wonderful gift from IFAS as a thanks for my work on this very site. I'm not usually the kind of person to be lost for words, but I genuinely was.

I'm really touched and just want to say a really big thankyou ... like I said ... I'm really very touched and rather lost for words.

Many congratulations and very well deserved.

If you're wondering where I've been of-late, I've had my head down and have been working on my thesis, with any luck I'll have it submitted early in the new year at which point I'll get back to having a life!

Been there. Best of luck with the submission.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
15 years 10 months ago #75307 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:A really big thanks to IFAS
Approx 5 years ago Bart took it upon himself to launch the IFAS website. Initially it only had a few dozen members. However, it has grown consistently over time whereby we have well over 1,000 people signed up here. Since the start, Bart has devoted a significant amount of his own time and effort into developing & maintaining the IFAS website. For all his efforts, we are deeply grateful to Bart and hope this small token goes some way to expressing our gratitude for everything he has done for IFAS.

Regards,

Michael O’Connell
IFAS Chair

More
15 years 10 months ago #75311 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re:A really big thanks to IFAS
Nice idea lads and fair play Bart!

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
15 years 10 months ago #75312 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:A really big thanks to IFAS
Bart - its a small recognition for the immense amount of voluntary work. You thoroughly deserve it and this site would not be here without you.

I wish you the very best of luck with the thesis and I'm really looking forward to seeing you here in 2009!

Dave

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #75322 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:A really big thanks to IFAS
I should also add, Bart also gave a *really* good talk about the Christmas Star. Well researched and very thorough.

FWIW, in case people are wondering about the gift, it is framed set of mission insignia lapel pins commemorating the legacy of the Apollo program. Included are insignias from the 11 manned Apollo missions, as well as the Apollo Program emblem, and a replica emblem of the plaque left on the Moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Michael.
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by michaeloconnell.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds