Sky Guide 2009 - a free 36-page almanac to download

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #75462 by johnflannery
Morning everyone,

The 2009 edition of the SDAS guide to the night sky over Ireland has been released. The 36 page booklet is bursting with information on all the celestial phenomena visible for the year ahead by the casual observer. The publication also contains a lot of information for the more advanced amateur too and features a month-by-month guide as well as articles on space missions, eclipses, comets, meteors, and much more. In short, it's the book of the year!

Download your FREE pdf copy by clicking on the link www.southdublinastronomy.org/w/images/1/14/Sky_guide_2009.pdf (1.35Mb).

I have also uploaded the rise and set times for all the major Solar System bodies during 2009 at www.southdublinastronomy.org/w/images/7/...e_set_times_2009.pdf (80k pdf). These times are for an observer at Dublin, Ireland.

Feel free to send on any comments or details of any errors in the content. You'll notice that I have a special gmail account set up for getting in touch but PM on this forum is fine too.

I am currently in discussion with the IYA 2009 Irish node team to host the booklet on their server -- the SDAS site might reach it's monthly download limit pretty quickly so hold off widely circulating our site address 'til we get things sorted out!

Page 3 is left blank for the moment as I am waiting for content about IYA 2009 in Ireland (no jokes please!!!)

All the best and Happy Christmas!

John
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by johnflannery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #75478 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:Sky Guide 2009 - a free 36-page almanac to download
Wow - John, this is excellent stuff! A really serious read!!
It's already printed out and stapled in booklet form... and on the back of the loo for some serious contemplation over the coming year!! :laugh:

Thanks for putting in all the effort into producing this book!

Happy Christmas,

Philip.

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 10 months ago #75479 by johnflannery
Many thanks Phil ... have a great Christmas too and hope to catch up with you in the New Year.

Next plan is to create a page per month calendar with all that month's celestial phenomena. I hope to have that finished by the end of January (if that's the case, then I might get away with an 11 month calendar!!!)

John

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 9 months ago #75545 by DaveGrennan
John,

Thats is absolutely incredible work. Many, many thanks for this amazing work. Like Phil, mines printed and in station on the armchair ready for a good ol' read which will no doubt be accompanied by some tincture of note:) I'll be raising that glass to you! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours.

Thanks again,

Dave.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
15 years 9 months ago #75561 by Johnm
Hi John

Great piece of work... many thanks

John

More
15 years 9 months ago #75566 by jhoare
Thanks John!

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds