K-Tec

Fun games and tea in Dunsink Monday Feb 16th

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #76633 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re:Fun games and tea in Dunsink Monday Feb 16th
michaeloconnell wrote:

Thanks to Dee and the IAA for organising the evening. Myself, John Lally and Declan Molly from MAC enjoyed two great talks.

Great images also - the last one is particulay good actually!

Michael.

I like the last one also, sometimes you just get lucky and get one that just works (especially when photographing people - why can't they just stand still and all face the right way at the right time?). By the way its IAS, not IAA (bit of a Freudian there Michael:silly: ).

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by JohnMurphy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #76634 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:Fun games and tea in Dunsink Monday Feb 16th
JohnMurphy wrote:

michaeloconnell wrote:

Thanks to Dee and the IAA for organising the evening. Myself, John Lally and Declan Molly from MAC enjoyed two great talks.

Great images also - the last one is particulay good actually!

Michael.

I like the last one also, sometimes you just get lucky and get one that just works (especially when photographing people - why can't they just stand still and all face the right way at the right time). By the way its IAS, not IAA (bit of a Freudian there Michael).

ah, sorry. yes..:blush: sorry John. silly error.
I was never much good at acronyms.
I keep referring to the club here as TAS instead of MAC.

Michael.

More
15 years 8 months ago #76635 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:Fun games and tea in Dunsink Monday Feb 16th
JohnMurphy wrote:

I like the last one also, sometimes you just get lucky and get one that just works (especially when photographing people - why can't they just stand still and all face the right way at the right time?).

All you need to do now John is a bit of sepia applied to the image to give it the aged look and it will look like the the "main man" himself! :)

Michael

More
15 years 8 months ago #76636 by dmcdona
Well, it was an honour and an absolute pleasure to be invited to Dunsink and be very generously hosted by the IAS.

It was a great crowd, well organised and amazing surroundings. Lovely tea and biscuits too and a nightcap with the lads and lasses.

I was going to dress up as Jo ( www.evertonfc.com/jo.html?cp=8#gallery ) but I don't think it would have got the same reaction as a resplendent Galileo. Besides, I don't have the hair :blush:

Thanks a million for a great and very enjoyable night out - and super photos!

Dave

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #76646 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re:Fun games and tea in Dunsink Monday Feb 16th

All you need to do now John is a bit of sepia applied to the image to give it the aged look and it will look like the the "main man" himself!

Like this maybe........now a few scratches could also be applied probably.

:)

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by JohnMurphy.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
15 years 8 months ago #76657 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:Fun games and tea in Dunsink Monday Feb 16th
My sincere thanks to Professor Mike Redfern , and to Dave McDonald for a cracking night in Dunsink. I must admit to being covetous of the Galileo outfit B)

Thanks also to John Murphy our very own inhouse ace photographer.
I was particularly delighted to see the guys come up from MAC.
Sorry I did not get a chance to talk to everyone on the night.

I hope to see a larger smattering of IFAS members in Dunsink on the afternoon of February 28th. A couple of speakers are being organized for your pleasure, details soon.

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS
President IAS
twitter.com/home
www.deirdrekelleghan.com

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds