April Talk Irish Astronomical Society

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #77785 by DeirdreKelleghan
April Talk Irish Astronomical Society was created by DeirdreKelleghan

Here is the poster for our next speaker Stephen Roche from DEISE Astronomy Society in Waterford.

Every now and then someone in the astro photography world, does something exceptional and their work stands out head and shoulders above the rest. Stephen Roche's latest images are wonders to behold, his talk on April 20th is about his journey in astro photography and where he is with it at the moment. Stephen recently had a very successful exhibition of his work in Dungarvan Library during the 100 Hours of Astronomy event.

Stephen assures me that the talk will not be too technical and will platform his visual work for a wider audience.
Dunsink Observatory April 20th 8pm

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS
President IAS
twitter.com/skysketcher
astronomy2009.ie/
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by DeirdreKelleghan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #77835 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:April Talk Irish Astronomical Society
Don't forget this is on tomorrow April 20th , come along an pick Wellbuttie's brains.:laugh: :laugh:

Deirdre Kelleghan
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by DeirdreKelleghan.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 6 months ago #77873 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:April Talk Irish Astronomical Society
I just want to express a huge thanks to Stephen Roche who gave a top class talk in Dunsink last night.

Stephens wonderful rapport and public speaking skills held the audience with ease. Not to mention his images which
drew many WOW's !!! and positive comments during the evening.

A cracking look at Saturn in the South refractor finished off a great evening at the observatory.

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS
President IAS

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #77879 by wellbuttie
Replied by wellbuttie on topic Re:April Talk Irish Astronomical Society
Hi Deirdre,

I want to take this opportunity thank yourself, James, John, David, Steve, and anyone else I failed to mention, for your exceptional hospitality, welcome and participation during last nights talk.

I have to say, I was overwhelmed and impressed with the organisation, dedication and involvement of all who were there last night. It was also brilliant to meet the faces behind some of the "Avators"/"Nicknames", that I have become familiar with over the IFAS boards here (and learned alot from!!!!).... and I hope you will all keep in touch. You all gave me great encouragment to continue my Astro-Imaging quests, so hopefully, there will be many more to experience in the future.

Indeed, looking through the "South Refractor Telescope" was a bonus and experience in itself!!!

Many thanks for looking after me so well, folks. I hope that we shall meet again.

Again, many thanks Deirdre and Team for being brilliant and encouraging. I am overwhelmed!!!

Best regards and many thanks

Steve Roche

This is the P.S. Part:

Deirdre and John got a good heads up earlier, on what "Well Buttie" means, which I forgot to mention later. So just to recap "It is a friendly, welcoming greeting native to Waterford", , somewhat similar to "How ya Bud" in Dublin. In certain Waterford Territories it can also manifest itself as "Well Boy". Either way it translates into " Are you well today, my good friend". (All Waterford speak!!)

Steve Roche
"Technology is a way of organising the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it."
steviestargazer.ivisionireland.com
www.deiseastronomy.com
photo.ivisionireland.com
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by wellbuttie.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds