K-Tec

Midlands AC Perseids StarBQ 2009 - Saturday Aug 8th

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 2 months ago #80012 by Seanie_Morris
This annual event, tried and tested since 1992, is going to have a go at it again this Saturday night, August 8th, at our Observing Site in Clonminch 2 miles outside Tullamore. It is an informal event, and considering there's a waxing Gibbous Moon rising with us as it gets dark, then it will be more fun than Astronomical. This is an open invitation for our friends to come and have a barbecue, camp under the stars, and have some fun. MAC will provide the barbecue and cooking implements, you just need to bring your own food and drink, and camp supplies if you intend on staying overnight...

...oh, and astronomy equipment, just in case!

Please e-mail me through tullamoreastronomy@yahoo.co.uk to let us know if you intend on coming down and I will give directions if you have not been here before. Usual rules apply - come before dark to claim your spot on the grass and set up your tent, try not to forget anything, and children must come with a parent or guardian for the obvious reasons of fire, dangerous equipment, and possibly alcohol - kids love all those!

It was proposed that if it is canceled due to the weather, then it will rollover to Saturday 15th.

Clear Skies,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #80037 by Frank Ryan
VERY tempting!!!
Darn work..
getting in the way of my fun.

All the best with this lads...
it's great to see ye are doing something for this.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #80044 by R Newman
"Come before dark to claim your spot on the grass" Is the grass still three feet high Seanie:) :) :) ??

Might be able to make it this year
Will watch the weather

Ronan Newman
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by R Newman.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 2 months ago #80045 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Midlands AC Perseids StarBQ 2009 - Saturday Aug 8th
Thanks Frank, it has been an annual thing for us - weather permitting - since 1992. It's nice to try and keep a good thing going.

Ronan, it's more like 2.5 feet high! I had a look this morning. We haven't been able to get out this year at all like we usually do for our once a year spring clean. If you can come, you'd be more than welcome.

It's all about the fun,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds