• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 10 months ago #82540 by michael_murphy
Observing Session in Ballyraemon on Sat 12th was created by michael_murphy
Hi All,

Weather for Saturday evening is looking good at the moment.

Anyone interested in going out observing on Saturday evening?

Meet up at Healy's Pottery at 8 (unless people would prefer 9)?

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #82549 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Observing Session in Ballyraemon on Sat 12th
Sorry Michael, can't make it, the missus is bringing two of the kids to a concert and I have the other two.

Hope to see you before long.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
14 years 10 months ago #82600 by mykc
I'm new to the forum and would appreciate some advice on the best, and safest, places to go to observe. I live in South Dublin, so the Dublin/Wicklow mountains would be convenient. I have gone to the carpark at the foot of Sugarloaf a couple of times, and it is a very good location, but it is a bit nerve wracking being alone out there. Any advice on alternative sites, or would it be prudent to try to arrange to meet with others as Michael did in starting this thread? With thanks, Mike.

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 10 months ago #82605 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re:Observing Session in Ballyraemon on Sat 12th
Hi Mike,

Our observing site is quite close to the Sugarloaf on the other side of the Roundwood road.
Personally, I wouldn't go out there alone as it a bit on the remote side.

You are more than welcome to come along to the observing in Ballyraemon if you wish.

Michael.

More
14 years 10 months ago #82636 by mykc
Thanks Michael. I plan to join the IAS and join in some of their observing sessions. Got a new telescope yesterday and am itching to try it out. Mike.

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

More
14 years 10 months ago #82639 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Observing Session in Ballyraemon on Sat 12th
It's always good to have new people come along, the more eyes on the sky the more to be seen.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds