K-Tec

Midlands AC: Next Meeting - Telescope Night!

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 9 months ago #82969 by Seanie_Morris
Midlands AC: Next Meeting - Telescope Night! was created by Seanie_Morris
The next Midlands Astronomy Club (MAC) public lecture, and first for the new 2010 season, takes place in the Presbyterian Hall, High Street, Tullamore, as follows:

Date & Time: Tuesday January 12th @ 8pm
Speaker/Topic: MAC Members
Title: Telescope Night for Beginners
Admission: €2.00 per person, all welcome to attend.

This has been an annual event for MAC (TAS) for about 5 years now, and each year, new faces come with brand new telescopes just received at Christmas, looking for help on how to use them. MAC members will be on hand to give demonstrations on how to use your telesocpe, how to maintain it, and what is within its sights in the night sky.

Clear Skies!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #83177 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Midlands AC: Next Meeting - Telescope Night!
Despite the bad weather we're experiencing tonight, over 30 people attended our event tonight. Various scopes from ETX-70's to Skywatcher refractors and even a National Geographic one came from far and wide to learn more. Kids and adults travelled from as far away as Carbury in Kildare!

Demonstrations on Stellarium also took place, with the kids loving it more than the telescopes thy came to learn about!

I brought my camera with me to take some snaps, with new batteries, but the camera went bust on me, so I wasn't able to get a single shot... : angry:

Don't forget, our AGM is on Tuesday February 6th, all are welcome to attend. More details will be posted about that later.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds