K-Tec

IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
14 years 9 months ago #83333 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach
I am totally on for Bray if you guys are interested in agreeing a night ?

Deirdre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #83335 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re:IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach
DeirdreKelleghan wrote:

I am totally on for Bray if you guys are interested in agreeing a night ?

Deirdre

Let us know if you are going to do this. I'm planning to go to Bray some day soon to visit the family and might drop down.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
14 years 9 months ago #83337 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach
Count me in Keith.

I'd like to get a close up view of Knight Rider.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
14 years 9 months ago #83338 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach
Just checking but it might be worth considering Saturday February 20. The moon is about 6 days old, Mars will be rising, Orion will still be prominent and also asteroid Vesta is close to gamma Leonis, making it easy to spot, how many members of the public have seen an asteroid? A good selection there I think.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #83339 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach
Sounds good Paul , if its clear. On the Friday (19th) the IAS will be in Sandymount so a follow up in Bray on the Saturday would be good.

If its clear this Tuesday evening , I hope to show the moon and Mars to Bray Sea Scouts
its a long standing arrangement , a follow on from a talk.

Deirdre Kelleghan

More
14 years 9 months ago #83340 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re:IAS Friday night in Sandymount a bit of outreach
Calibos wrote:

Hey, Who got the 10 inch Flextube Auto tracking dob and didn't tell us or post a review!!

It's an 8 inch flextube Auto tracking dob:)
I got it in November I didn't want to get the blame for the weather :laugh:.

I've been busy at work and haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces but so far it's been very good to use.
A lot easier to setup and tear down than the nexstar and a lot lighter as well!

Michael.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds