• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
14 years 8 months ago #83443 by albertw
Light Pollution talk at NIAAS tonight was created by albertw
Hope to see some of you tonight!

The next meeting of the NIAAS is on Monday 1st February, starting at 8pm sharp in Ballyclare High School lecture theatre. Directions can be found here!

This is our annual Andrew Trimble Memorial lecture and we are very fortunate to have along Albert White as our guest speaker.

Albert White Albert White runs the Irish Section of the IDA, the Irish Light Pollution Awareness Campaign. He holds an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from University College Dublin and a Master of Science in Astronomy from Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
Albert is a member of South Dublin Astronomical Society and currently works as a software engineer for Sun Microsystem in Dublin.
He is a former Chairperson of the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies and was elected as a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society in 2005.

Since light pollution is a major problem to most of us in our hobby, who better to give a talk on the subject than Albert White, one of the leading experts on the subject in Ireland.

Admission:
Members: Free
Non-Members: £3
Associate Members: £2

As usual, tea, coffee, biscuits and craic will be available after the meeting!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
14 years 8 months ago #83479 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re:Light Pollution talk at NIAAS tonight
Hi again,

Just wanted to say thanks to the NIAAS for having me up last night. I hope you all enjoyed the talk.

Best Wishes,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
www.darksky.ie/

More
14 years 8 months ago #83489 by Paul Evans
Replied by Paul Evans on topic Re:Light Pollution talk at NIAAS tonight
Hope it was a good one Albert - sorry I wasn't able to come and support you this time.

More
14 years 8 months ago #83493 by stevie
Replied by stevie on topic Re:Light Pollution talk at NIAAS tonight
Many Thanks to Albert for a very interesting and informative talk, with much food for thought. It was a pleasure to meet you, and hopefully you'll be able to come back again some time in the future. Maybe it will inspire some of us to try and take some affirmative action to deal with the light pollution menace.
I'll let Albert himself tell you the story of the proof of how bad the light pollution is in Belfast.

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
14 years 8 months ago #83518 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re:Light Pollution talk at NIAAS tonight
stevie wrote:

I'll let Albert himself tell you the story of the proof of how bad the light pollution is in Belfast.

I think I'm going to be reminded about almost driving onto the M2 with my headlights turned off for some time to come!

Albert White MSc FRAS
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds