K-Tec

MAC Presents a Moon Watch in Athy, Saturday April 24th

More
14 years 6 months ago #84610 by dmolloy
thanks to everyone who turned up last night to the Moon watch event in Athy Co Kildare. unfortunately it was wall to wall cloud. we did however provide a couple of astronomy talks in the school hall, washed down with tea and homemade apple tart 'thank you Mrs Brown:) and thanks to the VTOS centre coordinator Mary Campbell for the use of the School building

BTW, as we left to go home shortly after 10pm - a sucker hole appeared in the clouds and the moon appeared for a whole five minutes: angry:

Declan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 6 months ago #84622 by Seanie_Morris
It was an enjoyable evening, hope everyone enjoyed our talks. Did anyone see Murphy around tonight? 16 nights in a row where astronomical observing was not a problem. Then last night? CLOUD! Tonight? Not one in the sky...

:X

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
14 years 5 months ago #84624 by michael_murphy
Seanie_Morris wrote:

It was an enjoyable evening, hope everyone enjoyed our talks. Did anyone see Murphy around tonight? 16 nights in a row where astronomical observing was not a problem. Then last night? CLOUD! Tonight? Not one in the sky...

Seanie.

I would like to state for the record that I was no-where near Athy at the time:)

Michael.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 5 months ago #84700 by Seanie_Morris
michael_murphy wrote:

Seanie_Morris wrote:

Seanie.

I would like to state for the record that I was no-where near Athy at the time:)

Michael.

Where's your alibi? :P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds