K-Tec

Anyone interested in comet chasing in Wicklow tonight?

• mykc
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
14 years 4 months ago #85090 by mykc
Brave - no.

Foolhardy - quite possibly.

I grew up in the country and still remember being scared witless while out peering through my first telescope by an amorous dog that came running past in chase of our pet dog. The noises of the deer and birds up in Wicklow are quite different from the farm noises of West Cork, but I guess the wildlife is not the problem.

Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #85122 by Calibos
Oh, Me and Paul know all about noises in the Dark. Do ya remember the grunting and the heavy breathing up in Ballyremon Paul. We shone a torch into the inkly blackness and sure it was only Michael trying to lift his 11" SCT OTA out of the back of the car :D

I jest of course, it was a bloody herd of Ponies about 12ft away!! Just shows you how dark it was up there when we didn't see them till we shone a torch at them.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
14 years 4 months ago #85123 by lunartic_old
There was another night up there Keith when we heard something dying a very nasty death:X A high pitched scream pierced the silence and we hoped it was nothing more than an owl with a rodent.

If I had been on my own I would have been in the car and gone in an instant.:laugh:

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
14 years 4 months ago #85130 by michael_murphy
Calibos wrote:

Oh, Me and Paul know all about noises in the Dark. Do ya remember the grunting and the heavy breathing up in Ballyremon Paul. We shone a torch into the inkly blackness and sure it was only Michael trying to lift his 11" SCT OTA out of the back of the car :D

It's not JUST an OTA you know there's the fork as well:)

Michael.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds