• Administrator
More
14 years 1 month ago #86109 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re:IAS Observing on Saturday 11th
lunartic wrote:

Count me in Michael.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Will you remember to bring the 90degree finder?

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #86131 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:IAS Observing on Saturday 11th
The sky was amazingly clear out at the Sugarloaf, the Milky Way was brilliant and the Cygnus Rift was so obvious. Sagittarius was low to the west and I got some really nice views of M22, M23, M8, M24 and M20.

Jupiter was blazing in the sky and Uranus was a fine sight in Aubrey's 6" WO refractor.

It was cold up there, the wind was biting and it caught me by surprise as I was definitely not dressed warmly enough, you think I would know better by now :blush:, perhaps it was the calendar saying September 11 that threw me.

When I got home I was out in the back garden and the stars had disappeared. Only the brightest stars were visible and even Jupiter was diminished. Can we say light pollution?: angry:

Anyway, hopefully it bodes well for the new season.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by lunartic_old.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86151 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:IAS Observing on Saturday 11th
lunartic wrote:

It was cold up there, the wind was biting and it caught me by surprise as I was definitely not dressed warmly enough, you think I would know better by now :blush:, perhaps it was the calendar saying September 11 that threw me.
Paul

Yea, I can relate to that, its great that you all got a clear sky aswell on the night, especially given the weather before and since!!!

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds