K-Tec

Why is there no clubs in the northeast..??

• letsfaceit99
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #91898 by letsfaceit99
Why is there no clubs in the northeast..?? was created by letsfaceit99
Hello all, hope the title got your attention. I'm a beginner to stargazing, only got my first scope about a year ago and love it to bits.So could anyone tell me why there is never any observation nights in the northeast.I am always on this site keeping my eye out for observation night near me but i am always disappointed.If it is just a case that their is no one to organise them could some tell me the steps to take to set one up..thanks for reading my message and hope someone can help
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #91900 by dmcdona
Any chance of a name? Typing letsfaceit99 is tricky :)

Whereabouts are you located? There may be a few folks on the boards here that are located nearby that would be happy to go on an observing night - simply use the boards here to advertise the fact.

Cheers
Dave
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by dmcdona.

• letsfaceit99
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
12 years 9 months ago #91901 by letsfaceit99
Sorry my name is Karl. I live in drogheda myself. I must post something to get the ball rolling. Could you suggest in what topic would be best to hit the most people.

Thanks,
Karl

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #91902 by dmcdona
Hi Karl - welcome aboard!

If you've already found a location that you can observe from, simply post in the "announcements and club news" section that you're heading out there at such and such a date/time.

As another suggestion and I'm not sure if this will be possible for you, there is the Connaught Starparty happening the weekend after next - there'll be observing there on Saturday night.

Hope that helps
Dave
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by dmcdona.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds