K-Tec

New Club creation in Louth and surrounding area's.

• letsfaceit99
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
12 years 8 months ago #92147 by letsfaceit99
Hello all.
As the title say's I'm looking to start a new club in Louth. I was informed that the best thing to do would be to find an area to host monthly meeting. Bellewstown Racecourse over looks Drogheda were I'm from and is also very well sign posted. If anyone is interested leave a reply and we see what kind of numbers we get but I'm sure one or two people interested and bingo bango we have a club. Open to other locations if anyone has a good one. If anyone has other info on setting the club up its always appericated :)

Thanks Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• letsfaceit99
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
12 years 8 months ago #92149 by letsfaceit99
I just read the other post titled New club and there is loads of information about what to do. As always the people on this site kick ass. Keep it up.Could someone please tell me how I pay the registersion money as I'd cover that cost myself and then if I get the numbers I'm sure we could all chip togeather for the insurance.

Thank you,
Karl

More
12 years 8 months ago #92150 by Pat_Dunne
All the very best with the your new club startup.

Bellewstown Race Course would be a brilliant venue.

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals

More
12 years 8 months ago #92154 by Moe
Hi Karl,

Sounds like a good idea. Anthony Murphy tried starting a club in Drogheda a few years ago and there was a decent enough turnout but it never continued past a few meetings.

There's an Astronomy Ireland organiser in Dundalk who organises meetings in Seapoint carpark (between Blackrock and Castlebellingham) but these are not regular.

A regular monthly meeting is a good idea as people would come along when available and not every meeting would suit everyone. Not sure about money or insurance though. Is this for the use of the Racecourse grounds? Picking a public place and having a less formal arrangement would mean no need to bother with insurance costs or registration etc. Having to pay may put some people off.

I'd be interested in coming along and I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Maurice.

More
12 years 8 months ago #92160 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: New Club creation in Louth and surrounding area's.
Best of luck with it Karl. If any of us can help out, all you got to do is ask.

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• letsfaceit99
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
12 years 8 months ago #92195 by letsfaceit99
Good to hear your interested Moe. I was hoping for a couple more replies but not much I can do. I think I might put an ad on the radio and local paper but I'll keep ya posted.I taught that I had to pay a reg fee to hold an event night and have insurance also but if I don't then I guess I'll need to set a date so...:-)

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds