K-Tec

Midland A.C. and Public Outreach - Thanks and Well Done!

• lionsden
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #92188 by lionsden
On behalf of the Midlands Photography Club, and myself personally, I want to say a big thanks and well done to all in in the Midland Astronomy Club, with special thanks to Seanie Morris and Michael O'Connell.

Last Wednesday night, Michael was over in Athlone to give a talk and presentation on astro-photography, from what can be done with the simplest of gear, and gradually building up to what can be accomplished when you're willing to re-mortage your house for equipment! ;) The talk was very interesting and the photos shown elicited a number of "Oohs" and "Aahs" :bigshock: from those present, opening up the world of astronomy to a lot of daytime photographers.

When I gave Seanie a ring, a couple of weeks before Christmas, to see if the club would be willing to come over to Athlone for this, there was absolutely no hesitation in saying yes and got straight to work to see who was available and willing to travel.

I hope that this is just a start of a long and happy relationship between the two clubs, and perhaps both clubs can meet up some night for an observing / photography session together.

Anyway, credit where it is due, so again, a big thanks and Well Done!

Leo.

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by lionsden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #92197 by Seanie_Morris
Thanks Leo, it was nice to briefly catch up with you over the past weeks. My part was tiny in fairness, and it was all Michael for the talk. We must get some of you guys over to Tullamore in the near future and see if you put Mike's advice and teachings to practise!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
12 years 8 months ago #92286 by michaeloconnell
Thanks Leo for the invite. It was a pleasure to give you folks an insight into astrophotography. Hopefully it will encourage some if the club members to try imaging the "dark side".
Michael.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds