K-Tec

COSMOS 2012 :: April 13th to 15th in Tullamore!

More
12 years 6 months ago #93568 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: COSMOS 2012 :: April 13th to 15th in Tullamore!
Dave McD was there on Saturday evening.
I would have loved to have tried your 3.5mm on the scope later on in the evening, but hey, there is always next year.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 6 months ago #93571 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: COSMOS 2012 :: April 13th to 15th in Tullamore!
Brilliant weekend! No glitches, hitches or misses, 2 nights viewing (the later it got on Saturday night, the better the seeing... : blink: ), excellent talks and great company.

Roll on Cosmos 2013 (April 12th - 14th)!
:-)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
12 years 6 months ago #93573 by dmolloy
ahhhh yeaa....once we get over the 12 days of christmas and that tiny issue of 21st of December....do,do do-do do,do do-doo (to the melody of the twilight zone) :unsure:

More
12 years 6 months ago #93578 by flt158
I didn't need to use my 3.5mm Nagler at Cosmos this year. The highest magnification I used was 224X on Mars. However on March 18th last, I used the 3.5 on Mars. It was just a few days after Mars' opposition, and I could see clouds on the western limb. This was verified by a drawing from a English amateur on cloudynights.com. It was a first for me which greatly thrilled me.

Thanks Dave.

Aubrey.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds