K-Tec

The Dublin Stargazers Meetup at the Sugarloaf 12/5/2012

More
12 years 5 months ago #93890 by lunartic_old
I think he used a 6mm Aubrey, giving X166.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #93893 by flt158
Thanks Paul. When I had a 8.75" Newtonian, I needed 200X to split Izar. Stand by for a historic report from me on the planet Saturn.

Aubrey.

More
12 years 5 months ago #93897 by mykc
Great description Paul.

It was a good night and it was nice to meet Sean, we had a very easy going, sociable kind of observing session. I had more technical gremlins (the inverter to power the PC didn't work), but really enjoyed Izar (just split at 166x as Paul said) and a succession of Messier objects. A big thanks to Paul for acting as our celestial tour guide, and to Sean for the views through his 12" dob. It was the first time I had an opportunity to use such a large scope and the increase in brightness was very impressive.

Looking forward to the Saturn report Aubrey.

Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

More
12 years 5 months ago #93922 by Pikaia
Sounds like a good time was, I think the chat with others makes all the difference...

More
12 years 5 months ago #93934 by lunartic_old
Forgot to mention that we got two visits by the Gardai, they drove around and left, if they had gotten out of the car we would have shown them some sights.

Their loss.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
12 years 5 months ago #93937 by mykc
Luckily, Paul was heavily wrapped up and completely unrecognisable, otherwise the Guards would probably have stopped for a chat alright. ;)

Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds