• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #95087 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 21st
Thanks to all who turned up,

Paul, Paul, Albert, Brian, Robin, Liam, Patricia and Aubrey.

I had my nexstar 11 out after a 12 month layoff. It worked without a hitch (keep quiet Albert and Paul B although we did get the answer as to where the GPS satellites had gone later on :-) ).

We had a great evening with clear skies and it was topped off with a spectacular meteor/GPS satellite at 11.

Here's a photo I took during the evening. Unfortunately, the camera was packed away when the meteor showed up :-(.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #95089 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 21st
The good looking chap in the grey hood at the back is me. :whistle:

The other good looking chap in the grey hood is Paul's son Joshua, a very enthuastic young amateur, and after what we all witnessed last evening I believe a lifetime interest in astronomy lies in his future.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
12 years 1 month ago #95101 by PaulWalsh
Replied by PaulWalsh on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 21st
So Aubrey and myself don't get a look in there do we Paul. As for Joshua he is still buzzing about the night we had not just the fireball. Big thanks to Aubrey for showing us Neptune can check that off my list :P .

More
12 years 1 month ago #95102 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Re: Sandymount Observing on Friday 21st
Sorry Paul and Joshua. We observed Zeta Aquarii and M45 Pleiades. And thank you, Michael for organizing another great night with flames and all in the sky!

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulWalsh

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds