• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
11 years 7 months ago #96973 by johnflannery
Hi everyone,

Good morning, hope all is well.

We have invited well-known Vatican Observatory astronomer Br Guy Consolmagno, SJ to speak in Dublin on Thursday, March 21st.

Br Guy is a globally recognized populariser of astronomy and speaks widely about the Church and Science. He is Curator of the Vatican Observatory Meteorite Collection and also sits on a number of Committees of the International Astronomical Union.

Br Guy will be in Dublin on March 20th and 21st, and is giving a public lecture in Gonzaga College, Ranelagh, Dublin 6 on Thursday, March 21st at 7:45pm. All are welcome and admission is FREE ... we will have a donations box after the talk for people to contribute to our fund to bring international speakers to Dublin on an annual basis.

Br Guy is co-author of the popular "Turn Left at Orion" book that is regularly recommended as a must-read book for amateur astronomers.

A Wikipedia entry can be found at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Consolmagno

Feel free to get in touch with me if you need any other information. My contact e-mail is in my boards signature or mobile is 086-8181931.

John

John Flannery,
SDAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
11 years 7 months ago #97018 by johnflannery
2 days to go ;-)

More
11 years 7 months ago #97019 by flt158
Valerie and I are looking forward to the great event, John. Great speech title too.

Aubrey.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
11 years 7 months ago #97075 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re: Br Guy Consolmagno lecture on March 21st in Dublin
My March Blog - Br Guy Consolmagno visits Bray Co Wicklow - Plus COSMOS 2013 details for you bit.ly/15LaByK
There is a slide show of images in my blog (click link ) from Br Guys visit to my childrens astronomy club on March 20th

Deirdre Kelleghan
Vice Chair IFAS

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds