K-Tec

ISON

More
11 years 6 months ago #97084 by sunstar
ISON was created by sunstar
I am looking for some advice: I hope for to find a place (preferably in Ireland), which offers an opportunity to observe ISON comet. I don't know how this idea sounds to astronomers here, but I tried to find something on the internet with no major success. Therefore I was thinking that some of you guys here might know just a place, or even share some experience about how to gather the best of such an event. I know ISON is (if) going to be visible by naked eye but I wish to see it via telescope. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97085 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic Re: ISON
Hi sunstar, and welcome to the Forum.

The astronomy community is hoping that ISON will be a great comet in November/December ( www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2012S1/2012S1.html ). It will be easily visible from Ireland, and any site that has a clear view to the West will be suitable when it is near the sun and at its brightest. Keep an eye on the forum in the late Autumn, no doubt people will use it to make arrangements for viewing sessions, and you will be very welcome to join in. In the meantime you may be interested in making contact with a local astronomy society; where are you based?

Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

More
11 years 6 months ago #97086 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: ISON
Hi,
You should try contacting whatever club you end up been near.
IF you're asking where in Ireland would you be best suited to see this comet from an aspect point of view? If the skies are clear, then anywhere would be the answer.
If you're asking where would be best to view it regarding the weather, I would recommend booking a ryanair flight to somewhere else..

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds