• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #98872 by michael_murphy
IAS Sidewalk astronomy Friday 11th October 2013 was created by michael_murphy
Hello All,

The IAS will be holding our October sidewalk astronomy event on Friday 11th from 8 to 10 PM.

We will be meeting at the car-park near the Martello tower in Sandymount.

Join us to see the first quarter moon. If you are a beginner and would like to get advice on buying or using a telescope please come along and we will answer any questions you have.

This is a free event and all are welcome.

See www.irishastrosoc.org for details of the location.

Regards,

Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulWalsh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #98875 by flt158
I hope to be there, Michael, The "X" is on Moon's terminator. And I hope to hunt down Neptune for the 1st time in the 6.2" apo.

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #98944 by flt158
Many thanks to Michael Murphy for organizing our monthly visit to the Martello Tower car park -even though I only made it down at 8.45, and we were all gone home by 10. However, there was great joy amongst us when Michael was first to observe the enigmatic sighting of the Curtis Cross on the Moon through his Newtonian. Then the enthusiastic Paul Walsh saw it next using his Celestron. I was ecstatic to see it then in my 6.2" apo at a mere 40X. The sky went mostly overcast after a short while.
I had read so much about the "X" on www.cloudynights.com in the past; but often wondered would I ever get to see it. It was my 1st time to observe it.
I have had so many thrilling sights so far in 2013. This is another for sure. Did anyone else see the cross?

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, PaulWalsh

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds