K-Tec

Comet VZ13 (Linear)

More
17 years 3 months ago #48528 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: Comet VZ13 (Linear)
Dave,
I was all set tonight to have a go but
after a lovely sunny day here ....yup..you guessed it...the clouds came a rollin' in.

Have you seen / imaged it yourself?
It's ment to be getting very green lately.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #48626 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Comet VZ13 (Linear)
Folks,

I imaged the comet last night. I have yet to process the images.

I should mention that the comet is/was moving quite fast. For example, I started with 3-min subs and the nucleus was blurring. I tried 2-min subs but the same story ... ditto for 1-min subs.

I finally tried 30-sec subs and that proved to be fine. I collected ten sets of LRGB frames (10x4) and which should lead to a nice final result.

I checked the Minor Planet Center and the comet yesterday was apparently moving at around 9.2"/min .... which is very fast!

Of course, the imaging scale determines what the best sub is for someone's equipment (I was imaging at 1.27"/pixel).

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 3 months ago #48631 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Comet VZ13 (Linear)

I should mention that the comet is/was moving quite fast. For example, I started with 3-min subs and the nucleus was blurring. I tried 2-min subs but the same story ... ditto for 1-min subs.

Wow, that is fast. What scope were you using, and thus the size of your FOV Anto?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 3 months ago #48636 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Comet VZ13 (Linear)

Wow, that is fast. What scope were you using, and thus the size of your FOV Anto?

Seanie,

I was using my AP160/f7.5 EDF refractor whose focal length is 1200mm .... the field of view with the CCD camera is about 25'x35' (ie. half a degree all around).

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 3 months ago #48648 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Comet VZ13 (Linear)
managed to observe this twenty minutes or so ago from the front garden in fairly light polluted skies.

I picked it up easy in a pair of 15X70's so I would imagine that from a dark site this would be an easy object in a pair of 10X50's.

Hopefully it will be clear tomorrow night so I can get out into the sticks for a proper look at it.

Cheers
Trevor

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds