K-Tec

• Jed Glover
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 1 month ago #14676 by Jed Glover
Replied by Jed Glover on topic Re: New member

Welcome back Jed. Haven't seen you for a while & look forward to you coming out observing with us again.

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Nice to see some friendly faces around here :)

I was just looking at the images of M45 you gave me to stretch some time ago, would you like to photo shop files emailed to you?

Later,

Jed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #14677 by gnason
Replied by gnason on topic Re: New member

Hi Gordon,Nice to see some friendly faces around here :)I was just looking at the images of M45 you gave me to stretch some time ago, would you like to photo shop files emailed to you?
Later,Jed.

Hi Jed,

That must be a while ago! Can't remember too well but yes, that would be great. Thanks.

Gordon

More
19 years 1 month ago #14679 by gnason
Replied by gnason on topic Re: New member

If you think this is bad, just wait for one of his "weather reports".
I very clearly remember unpacking the CG-11 in Djouce car park one night, on the advice of the resident weather man Mr Grennan, to be snowed on with in the hour!We laughed, once we packed up that is ;)
Jed.

Yeah! I remember that night. Seem to recall Phil lying on his back in the middle of the road looking up at the snowflakes! But wasn't it fun sliding back down the hill towards Enniskerry in the cars!

On the first observing night I met DG (a couple of years before the snowstorm in another location near the Waterfall) the forecast was dire and the rain was pelting down. Every now and again, Dave would pop out of the house we were in telling us he though it was brightening! Always optimistic that's Dave!

Gordon

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
19 years 1 month ago #14690 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: New member

I very clearly remember unpacking the CG-11 in Djouce car park one night, on the advice of the resident weather man Mr Grennan, to be snowed on with in the hour!

But now my granny isnt around anymore to stick her big toe out of the window and give me such high quality weather reports, I'm afraid we'll have to make do with, satellite imagery and real data!!

Welcome mate.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• Jed Glover
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 1 month ago #14698 by Jed Glover
Replied by Jed Glover on topic Re: New member

Are you going to mount the SAC10 on the C11 a la Hyperstar?

Hi Dave,

I plan on using the SAC-10 for DSO. I am not keen on butchering the 350d and even if I did there is only so far you can go with an uncooled camera like the 350d.

I just cannot wait for the likes of SAC to start using the 8mp class ccd in thier cameras.

Later,

Jed.

More
19 years 1 month ago #14703 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: New member
And where do all these lovely toys live when you’re not at home? (best not answer that.) ;-)

Welcome back Jedissimo – thought we’d lost you to the dark side for good when you and Dave started getting your virtual kicks out of flight-simming! I’m still whizzing around the real sky on a new Airborne Climax competition wing I brought in from Oz this year – goes like a rocket! Aaah… there’s no substitute for real life!

I was just telling Gremlin that I have finally - at last - wonders-will-never-cease – actually started grinding glass on the 14” Folded Stevick-Paul unobstructed tilted component telescope that I’ve been going on about for all these years! WooHoo! At f/15 it’s going to be my dedicated planetary/double-star/narrow-field instrument. I was hoping to make it f/20 but that would end up being too expensive when it comes to building the observatory to house it. F/15 is a good compromise. Light pollution here in Bray is getting very bad, so I’ll build it so that it can be broken down and transported by car…just! I’m also working on redesigning the OTA and mount for my 20” to turn it into a purpose built GOTO system – I’ve just finished working on the two 16” radius worm and gear drives that will be driven by steppers. So far, so good.

We should get together for a pint and a chinwag soon... most likely after one of Dave's impeccable weather reports backfires and forces us into the pub!

Great to hear from you again,

Phil.

Cg-11
Orion 4" Acro
Meade etx70at
20" super light dob (Thanks to Phillip Lardner)
ST-4
SAC-10 (on order)
Canon EOS 350d
Canon EOS 5
Pentax 67 Mk II
Lumicon GEG
ST-4 for autoguiding

On the software front I have;

Photoshop 7
Maximdl 4
ImagePlus 2.5

Jed Glover.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds