something that arrived in the post recently

• stepryan
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #16203 by stepryan
ladies and gents,
after thinking about it for a while and seeing some of the images coming out of the DSI i thought i'd get one as it would be a good way to capture deep sky images relatively cheaply. i decided the Pro version would be a better long term buy although it would be more complicated to learn. i haven't captured anything worthwhile yet as i am still learning the software and the most difficult thing to learn, how to get a good focus. anyway when i get something worthwhile i will post it.
stephen.

the contents of the box.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #16208 by voyager
Enjoy your new toy!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 11 months ago #16209 by dmcdona
Woah there.... Serious competition eh? :D

The best thing to do would be join the Meade DSI yahoo group - its a great way to shortcut some parts of the very steep learning curve.

And of course, you can always give me a shout and I'll try my best. The DSI Pro is getting rave reviews by the way - that's a really good choice.

Doo keep us informed of how you get on.

Cheers

Dave

DSI user group (you'll need to register)
groups.yahoo.com/group/Meade_DSI/

• stepryan
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #16277 by stepryan

Woah there.... Serious competition eh? :D

The best thing to do would be join the Meade DSI yahoo group - its a great way to shortcut some parts of the very steep learning curve.

And of course, you can always give me a shout and I'll try my best. The DSI Pro is getting rave reviews by the way - that's a really good choice.

Doo keep us informed of how you get on.

Cheers

Dave

DSI user group (you'll need to register)
groups.yahoo.com/group/Meade_DSI/

dave,
i had already signed up to the group. to compete with you i'll have to at least get a wedge, even then i doubt my mount would anywhere be near kylie ;).
stephen.

More
18 years 11 months ago #16278 by dmcdona
Hi Stephen - its a good group - enjoy. Also try www.autostarsuite.net/

Another good source of info about all the Autostar hand controllers, the LPI and the DSI. Free registration...

As for the wedge, the DSI Pro software will reduce, if not eliminate, field rotation in a Meade fork mount. And it has a mosaic feature too - you can take a wider field picture than what the scope is looking at...

As for Kylie, I don't think I've gotten even close to pushing the limits on it. I'm really just at a level which most folks here could attain. But there's a lot more headroom in the mount for sure. But then you have a better CCD than me :wink:

Cheers

Dave

More
18 years 11 months ago #16283 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: something that arrived in the post recently
A recent issue of S&T (Oct/2005?) had a very good review of the DSI Pro for those interested.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds