K-Tec

something that arrived in the post recently

More
18 years 11 months ago #16293 by Paul FitzGerald
Replied by Paul FitzGerald on topic Re: something that arrived in the post recently
Well Done on the purchase S.
You can tell us more about it this w/e...

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stepryan
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 11 months ago #16338 by stepryan

Hi Stephen - its a good group - enjoy. Also try www.autostarsuite.net/

Another good source of info about all the Autostar hand controllers, the LPI and the DSI. Free registration...

As for the wedge, the DSI Pro software will reduce, if not eliminate, field rotation in a Meade fork mount. And it has a mosaic feature too - you can take a wider field picture than what the scope is looking at...

As for Kylie, I don't think I've gotten even close to pushing the limits on it. I'm really just at a level which most folks here could attain. But there's a lot more headroom in the mount for sure. But then you have a better CCD than me :wink:

Cheers

Dave

dave,
i actually posted that link here a while ago. i suppose i can overcome most of the limits with the software but at some point i think a wedge will be in order. at some point it might be insteresting to hook the better ccd up with the better mount and see what the results would be like. with your capture last friday a ccd that is supposed to be 4 times more sensitive than the original version would do.
stephen.

More
18 years 11 months ago #16339 by dmcdona
Hi Stephen, I was thinking of getting the DSI PRO and using the DSI as an autoguider. But then I may just go the whole hog and get an SBIG or Finger Lakes CCD.

I'm actaully hesitating because the DSI and the DSI Pro are actually very very good imagers in their own right. And given their cost, a bargain in my opinion...

We're all looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labours!

Cheers

Dave McD

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds