K-Tec

A Star is born

More
18 years 10 months ago #17238 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Excellent Detail Dave, actually, this is a good time of year to image anything in Orion, the air at 2-6am is usually very steady, and also a lot of lights are off :D

Well Done,
Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #17265 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: A Star is born

Seanie - the DSI can do colour without the use of filters but I find that I'm just not up to processing them... The DSI spits out three frames per image (RGB). You need to combine these to produce a colour image of good quality.

What I might do is try the same shot using a Lumicon Ultra High Contrast filter. That should help reduce the star bloat and bring out even more detail in the nebula. I should also give this a go with the ETX70 - it'll give a lovely wide-field shot.

Cheers

Dave

Sounds like a plan. I like commenting on astrophotos like this, especially when the hard work has been done by someone else! So I hope you don't mind me throwing out suggestions like that! Its just that, if I had what you had, that would be the next step I would try. I yearn for the equipment and all that goes with it to do astrophotography... comes with having a new house! :cry:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds