software

• darren
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 10 months ago #17870 by darren
software was created by darren
Can anybody help me as I am trying to down load the new version of registax but the problem I am having is I dont have broadband I was wondering would anybody be willing to download it onto a disk and send it on I am willing to pay for post pluse disc
regards Darren :?:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #17873 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: software
PM me the link and your address

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 10 months ago #17874 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: software
Darren,

The current version of registax is only 855KB and is available here.

registax.astronomy.net/html/download.html

That should take just under 4 minutes to download, even on dial up.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
18 years 10 months ago #17880 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: software
As Dave said it is very small (it would even fit on a floppy disk). But if it's still a problem for you pm me your addy and I'll send it on CD - no charge - I've a bundle of discs here anyway.

[edit]It may be small but it's a damn slow download. I'm only getting 2.5K/sec on a 2Mb broadband line. Must be a slow site.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 10 months ago #17896 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: software

[edit]It may be small but it's a damn slow download. I'm only getting 2.5K/sec on a 2Mb broadband line. Must be a slow site.

Off Topic, I know, but Steve, contact your provider. The router just has to be reset. Usually, turning it off for a few seconds and turning it back on so it re-establishes a connection to the host proider is all that has to be done. Try that first.

I was getting that kind of download when I first started with our wireless provider with a 512Kbit connection. Was only averaging 2.5-3KByte, when it should have been about 60KB. I just turned it off and on again, problem never happened again.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 10 months ago #17902 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: software

Off Topic, I know, but Steve, contact your provider. The router just has to be reset. Usually, turning it off for a few seconds and turning it back on so it re-establishes a connection to the host proider is all that has to be done. Try that first.

Negative. It's not my router or my provider. I got 200kb/sec downloading a torrent 5 minutes later. I tried the European mirror and it's a lot faster. It might have been the time of day - downloading from a busy American site at nighttime in Europe is always slower as the Americans are awake.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds