M42 and Running Man Nebula

• DaveGrennan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 9 months ago #19057 by DaveGrennan
M42 and Running Man Nebula was created by DaveGrennan
The latest offering from team Dave and Jed.

is at
www.webtreatz.com/index.php?option=com_z...amp;key=11&hit=1

Gotta say were mighty pleased with this which is a first light image from my new C80ED refractor. Details under the image.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19059 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula
Cool! Very nice!

More
18 years 9 months ago #19064 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula
Stunning colour and dust detail there! Team Dave & Jed sure know how to take nice pictures! Thumbs Up!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19066 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula
Dave/Jed - nice widefield image there.

I can see some eggy looking stars (poarticularly bottom left and top right) - but most look nice and round. They could be close doubles I guess - I've seen that on my images before.

Colours are really spot on and M42 cloud structure is excellent.

There seems to be some vignetting to the left side though that *could* be nebulosity - there's a ton of it in that area of Orion.

The running man is certainly there but a little overshadowed by M42 (in terms of sharpness) but it makes a really nice frame of an image. I'm not sure I've seen an image framed like this before.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose the exposure times you did?

And finally, I hope you don't think I'm being overly critical. Your image and processing are spot on - I'd be chuffed to bits to put that on *my* web page. My critisism is truly constructive - there's only so many times you can say 'nice image'. And it doesn't challenge you to improve... In fact, I'd appreciate that kind of critisism with my images (not that I don't appreciate the 'nice image' comments too :D ).

Well done and that's a nice little partnership you got going there. There's bigger things to come methinks....

Cheers

Dave McD

WANTED

Processing partner to be the other half of "Team Dave and XXX"

:lol:

More
18 years 9 months ago #19073 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula

My critisism is truly constructive - there's only so many times you can say 'nice image'. And it doesn't challenge you to improve... In fact, I'd appreciate that kind of critisism with my images (not that I don't appreciate the 'nice image' comments too :D ).

That's a valid point actually. We talked about going down this route previously but we never seemed to get around to it. There's so many good images taken now that it's time we became more precise with our feedback. Next time you post an image Dave I'll tell you exactly what I "really" think of it ok?.... :wink:

More
18 years 9 months ago #19074 by briano
Replied by briano on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula
very cool 8) 8)

Brian O Leary

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds