K-Tec

M42 and Running Man Nebula

More
18 years 9 months ago #19093 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula
Dave L - having seen many planetary images, I would definately put you in Peach's class - your image of Saturn is class and as good as his. As as your Mars images All you need to do now is go for Jupiter...

Dave G - it was the 1 x 33 sec image that threw me. And with all those ducks in a row, you're gonna give us something really special. Can't wait!

Cheers
Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19098 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula

have you seen this guys website??, jaw droppingly incredible doesnt describe it. :shock:
www.damianpeach.com/
there is an add for celestron if ever I saw one.

Geeze that guy is good! :shock: I've added that site into the Links forum.

Don't forget Dave, its not always the scope - he's using quite an expensive couple of cameras to get his shots!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19107 by LUNAtic
Replied by LUNAtic on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula
Having no astro-photography experience I can't offer any advice but I love the image, well done guys!

Neil

Bear up and keep Ploughing on...

More
18 years 9 months ago #19139 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula

After all Michael, my favourite image is you in a balaclava. I can really offer you plenty of advice on *that* one... :lol:

Oi! Watch it!
:D

Seriously though, getting more constructive fedback is definetly the way to go. Now that the observatory is complete, I hope to get back into the imaging alot more again. The last year has been a bit quiet for me on this front. I've a few bits'n'piecs in the mail so once I receive them I should be away in a hack again and hopefully give you all a run for your money. :wink:

More
18 years 9 months ago #19140 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Now that is quite an optical system, the 80ED, Nice detail and very sharp, worthy of any magazine.

Like LUNAtic, I can't really offer any tips as such, i'll just enjoy the view! And I also agree about the constructive critisism, without it you don't improve.
Nice one!
Keith...

More
18 years 9 months ago #19149 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: M42 and Running Man Nebula

Dave L - having seen many planetary images, I would definately put you in Peach's class - your image of Saturn is class and as good as his. As as your Mars images All you need to do now is go for Jupiter...

Dave G - it was the 1 x 33 sec image that threw me. And with all those ducks in a row, you're gonna give us something really special. Can't wait!

Cheers
Dave McD

Who am I to argue with complements like that. :D
although I've taken much better webcam images of Saturn last year.
homepage.eircom.net/~sac/graphics/saturn/saturn1_9b.jpg
all the same, thanks Dave.

Seanie, I think you're right about the camera, I dont think he is using "lowely" webcams. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds