Rotarion of Mars

• mjs
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 9 months ago #19532 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: Rotarion of Mars
Thanks for all the compliments.. I will try again some night for more and clearer images...

Now where did I leave those images of the moon transit of jupiter...... :)

I always like dynamic astropics like the animation of pluto (Dave Mc?) and and the one of the Crab nebula posted on this site previously.

Michael Scully

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19869 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Rotarion of Mars
Michael - look forward to a clearer video. Animations are great - I did the pluto one and a couple of asteroids too. Really illustartes what's going on over time.
Cheers
Dave

• mjs
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 9 months ago #19896 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: Rotarion of Mars
Dave,

I, too look forward to a clearer animation, but not tonight. I never saw such a turbulent night sky. :shock: Mars is like a mirage in the desert.

Animations are great - I did the pluto one and a couple of asteroids too.

I loved that animation of yours of Pluto. It is so much better than having an arrow to show you which "dot" is the distant planet (or should that be KBO)

Michael Scully

More
18 years 9 months ago #19897 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Rotarion of Mars
Can't even *see* Mars here in Celbridge... :cry: And the forecast for the next week is pretty poor I'm afraid.

If you can get the animation of Mars, maybe you'll try an asteroid next. You can get a good movement across the background field in a couple of hours. And there's plenty of bright asteroids out there. One image every 10 mins and you can produce a really good movie.

Another neat animation I saw a few months back was of one of the globular clusters (M13 I think). It was pretty cool to see some of the stars dimming and brightening over a period of of a few days. I've not seen anything like it before or since.

Let's hope the weather clears...

Cheers

Dave

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds