• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 7 months ago #22569 by michaeloconnell
connect lens directly to tripod?? was created by michaeloconnell
H All,

Anyone know of an adapter whereby I could connect a lens directly onto a tripod head? I want to attach my dsi to my 50m f/1.8 lens and connect them onto a tripod. The way I see it, if I get an adapter to connet the lens to the camera and a second adapter to connect the lens to the tripod, this mght be the way to go. However, as this is a bit experiemental, I'd like to go the low cost route.

Clear skies,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #22576 by Skylord
Replied by Skylord on topic Re: connect lens directly to tripod??

H All,Anyone know of an adapter whereby I could connect a lens directly onto a tripod head? I want to attach my dsi to my 50m f/1.8 lens and connect them onto a tripod. The way I see it, if I get an adapter to connet the lens to the camera and a second adapter to connect the lens to the tripod, this mght be the way to go. However, as this is a bit experiemental, I'd like to go the low cost route.
Clear skies,

Michael,

Try and obtain a lens collar which allows you mount a lens directly to the tripod instead of using a camera socket. A good camera dealer should be able to help. Here's an example of one but you may have difficulty in obtaining a collar sized for a small 50mm lens. www.nikonians.org/html/resources/jrp_faq...ripod/tripods_7.html

Alternatively, superglue a 1/4-20 socket plate to the bottom of your lens!

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 7 months ago #22579 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: connect lens directly to tripod??
Thanks Skylord. At least I know what to ask for now.

As for your second suggestion, I think I'll pass! :P

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds