K-Tec

Orion's Belt & Nebula M42

More
18 years 7 months ago #22741 by gnason
Replied by gnason on topic Re: Orion's Belt & Nebula M42

Hi all, The skies cleared up for about 2 hours last night, and what a night!! Transparency was absolutly superb :D I've never seen a sky so clear in a long time! so I set up to drive 12miles away to my darksite, and quickly set about imaging Orion's belt and the Orion Nebula M42.

Briliant image Keith! So many objects there, it takes a while to scan the photo and take them all in.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #22743 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Orion's Belt & Nebula M42
Excellent image Keith, you can even see the horse head nebula if you look closely!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 7 months ago #22748 by Eirikg
Replied by Eirikg on topic Re: Orion's Belt & Nebula M42
great image :D

I managed to get some more detail out of it when tweeked in photoshop, i increesed red and contrast in one image then combined it with the original. So you can do some tweeking with it :)

Do you have canon with ir filter or without?

More
18 years 7 months ago #22750 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Orion's Belt & Nebula M42
Thats just brillant Keith :D Horsehead is very easy to see and a host of other gems. I must go through it in more detail later!!! STUNNING

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 7 months ago #22763 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
I'm glad you all liked it, I was just disappointed that I could'nt get more time to shoot this area before the clouds rolled in :cry:

Maybe next time.... :wink:

Do you have canon with ir filter or without?

Eirik, this is taken with my completely unmodified 300D, si the IR filter is still inside 8)

Keith..

More
18 years 7 months ago #22777 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Orion's Belt & Nebula M42
Stunning image - again - Keith! Nice to see the twinkle effect in the brighter stars too, lovely touch! Like Dave said, I too always enjoy looking at this area of the sky like this!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds