Tonights Lunar Crescent!

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 7 months ago #23078 by martinastro
Tonights Lunar Crescent! was created by martinastro
Heres a few snaps i took this evening of the waxing crescent Moon with Earthshine at various camera settings....

Visually the moon and earthshine were stunning through the 8" at 49X, the shallow solar angle showed an array of dark 'pits' along the Maria. Did anyone else see that extremely slow moving Satellite to the east of the moon? Heres an image...

I did a little bit of comet hunting but had to bring the session to an end due to poor trans and dense murk which reflected light pollution.

Clear skies

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #23116 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Love the 1st shot with the craters visible :D

Also - the one with the earthshine. Visibly this a beautiful to look at, nice captures Martin!

Keith..

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 7 months ago #23126 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Tonights Lunar Crescent!
Thanks very much keith....i really enjoyed taking these lunar captures and getting more familiar with my cameras settings..it was a learning experience. Pity about the murk and fog though.

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 7 months ago #23138 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic RE:
Yeah poor enough weather, was out at 5am again this morning :idea:

but loads of orange skyglow, just too bad... :roll:

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds