K-Tec

yet another m42.....

More
18 years 6 months ago #24867 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: yet another m42.....
Michael, the mak cas does a good job, the colour seems fine with no "blue" stars or halos
Were you looking at the screen and making correction manually, why not let the dsi autoguide for you ???
When I imaged m42 last time around, I had to drop over one third of the frames as there was slight tracking errors in them, when I included the error frames in the stacking, its really screwed up the stars.

When you process the image, do try to keep the gas cloud areas as natural as possible.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 6 months ago #24874 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: yet another m42.....

Michael, the mak cas does a good job, the colour seems fine with no "blue" stars or halos
Were you looking at the screen and making correction manually, why not let the dsi autoguide for you ???
When I imaged m42 last time around, I had to drop over one third of the frames as there was slight tracking errors in them, when I included the error frames in the stacking, its really screwed up the stars.

When you process the image, do try to keep the gas cloud areas as natural as possible.

yea, I said I might as well try and give manual guiding a go first and then try it automatically. To go the route automatically, I need to do a bit of practice in daylight first before attempting it "blindfolded" so to speak.

More
18 years 6 months ago #24877 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: yet another m42.....
Michael - I assume you're using autostar envisage? If so, I've mailed you an 88k application called DSI Cross. Save it, run it and it'll put crosshairs on the image in your envisage application. Its good for doing polar alignment too.

Cheers
Dave

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 6 months ago #24878 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: yet another m42.....
Cool! Thanks Dave!
:)

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds