TAS Childrens Art Competition

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12812 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Childrens Art Competition
I would just like to say that there has been a tremendous response from kids around Tullamore for the art competition! I went into Byrne's World of Wonder on Thursday to have a look, and there were some pictures already on display, with loads more to be added that day! A class from St. Joseph's school in Tullamore all submitted a picture each! There is some great work there from kids of all ages. To anyone in the area, its worth going in to have a look!

As the closing date was officially yesterday, we will still accept late entres (to the store) on Monday or Tuesday - hurry!

We will have details soon of when the Presentation Ceremony will take place.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12936 by Seanie_Morris
I was told today that there are almost 100 entries altogether (so far)! Thats more than the Credit Union get every year for their art competition!

:D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12938 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: TAS Childrens Art Competition
Seanie - major Kudos to TAS and your good self for organising this event. Its great to get the youngsters involved and it seems like you've had a phenomenal response. I really am delighted for you and want to say a big thanks for keeping this hobby going.

So a huge congratulations from me which I'm sure all the folks on the board will echo.

By the way, is there any chance you could post the winning images (or even all of them) to a website? I'm sure the kids would get a real kick out of knowing their work was on the net. I'll volunteer to help out in any way with scanning/processing etc and if required, I'd be delighted to donate some web space for free. And I'm sure the bigger kids here would also like to see the pics that would have beat them if you'd allowed their entries(Bll H, Dave Power... :wink:)

Three big cheers to TAS :D

Dave McD

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12939 by Seanie_Morris
Thanks a lot Dave! There is nothing stopping the likes of KAS and the rest of the clubs here doing something like this. In fact, I'd encourage it. Only good can come from it.

Michael suggested that we scan in all the pictures and create large thubmnails of them, and put them up on TAS's website. As there is a huge workload, we might call upon you and your offer Dave. Regarding webspace, we'll see how that goes along, but certainly on the scanning side, we'd like to share the workload! It is a great idea too, as links can be shared from e.g. Byrnes Group's own website, this site, any schools with websites that took part etc. Kids love to see their pictures displayed!

We'll keep you posted. :D

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12940 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: TAS Childrens Art Competition
Seanie,

You can put me down for scanning too!

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12941 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: TAS Childrens Art Competition
Seanie

I also second the praise and congrats heaped upon yourself and TAS. I think the art competition as a vehicle for promotion of Astronomy among kids is ideal. The success of your competition got me thinking that maybe it is something the World of Wonder franchise throughout Ireland would be interested in pursuing. This could be done in association with IFAS and the local astronomy clubs culminating in a grand All Ireland final...What do you think...would WorldofWonder be interested and would IFAS be interested...

Cheers
Trevor

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds